Friday, October 28, 2011

Cancer Scare

About four months ago I found a lump in my right breast.  I didn't think too much of it because I have found lumps before only to be told by my doctor that it was just breast tissue.  Two weeks ago I went to the doctor and was told that this lump was not breast tissue.  I was not expecting that response.  I immediately called my husband, Jason.  We discussed the possibilities and I did a lot of research.  Jason and I spent the last couple of weeks crying, praying, laughing, and trusting the One who wrote our story.  Jason always tells me we are in the midst of our story.  We didn't know how the Author of this story would choose to end it but we relinquished our will to His.  Today I went for a mammogram and an ultrasound.  I was expecting them to send the results to my doctor.  I was taken a back when they told me the radiologist would tell me my results today.  I called Jason immediately.  I didn't want to be alone to hear the outcome.  He left school to be by my side.  We are now praising the Lord for the results.  The radiologist showed us the images and told us that it appears the lump is a fibroid and not cancerous.  I will need have a biopsy to make sure, but this is an answer to prayer.  Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment